Ever wonder how models and actresses that realize enviable, unpredictable glow when you see them in magazines or on TV? While it's true that their good looks are mostly attributed to great genes, any stylist or makeup artist will tell you that much of their beauty comes from religiously sticking to a number of simple, easy-to-follow steps. If you were not blessed with fantastic genes or loads of cash to spend on outrageous spa treatments, read below for eight simple steps that will leave you looking radiant on your Quince.
Note : All of these steps should begin 1-2 months prior to your Quince to ensure that you gain the maximum benefits.
1. Drink lots of water. This is probably the most common piece of beauty advice given, but it's also the most easily forgotten. What I like to do is carry with me a 1.5-liter bottle of water everywhere I go. Not only do I have enough water supply for the day in one convenient place, but I do not have to worry about the hassle of having to refill every hour or so.
2. Exercise! The great thing about this tip is that it is the most FUN, because there are so many activities that count as exercise. Since you're probably too young to hit the gym, you can organize a walking group with a few of your friends or neighbors and get out there for at least 30 minutes a few times a week (3-5 days should suffice). If walking is not for you, you can also try dancing, running, swimming, or playing sports. The point is to get your heart pumping and your activity level going for at least 30 minutes a day.
3. Eat well and get plenty of sleep. If you skim on these two important needs for your body, your face will show all the tell-tale signs within about a week. Bags under your eyes and tiredness from not enough sleep and nourishment are only the beginning.
4. Wash your face in the morning and at night before you go to bed to help prevent breakouts. Washing with a cleanser that is specifically formulated for your skin type (eg: oily, dry, combination …) first thing in the morning removes the oil that collects on your skin at night, and washing right before you go to bed helps prevent breakouts by removing all oils and impurities that collected on your skin through the day.
5. Always use an oil-free moisturizer with sunscreen, whether you are fair-skinned or not. Recent studies are showing more and more evidence that the sun's rays have a very harmful impact on the appearance of our skin, no matter what age you are. Weaving a sunscreen-enriched moisturizer helps keep your skin in top condition by giving you protection 24/7. If you have oily skin, be sure to use an oil-free moisturizer or one with acne-fighting ingredients, and if you have drier skin, opt for a "moisturizing" face lotion.
6. Fight acne with Salicylic Acid. This is the number one over-the-counter ingredient that is used to fight acne, so when you're out to purchase acne medicine, be sure that your product lists this chemical as one of the first ingredients.
7. Get in the habit of keeping your hands and hair away from your face, and take extra care when it comes to cleaning your cell phone. It's hard to notice things we can not see, but there are millions of germs and lots of oil that collect on your hands and hair in the course of the day. If you make a habit of placing these on your face, the bacteria and oil can clog up pores and cause a major breakout. The same applies to cell phones or your home phone, so be sure you use antibacterial wipes to clean your phones every few days.
8. Keep makeup application to a bare minimum. This practice will make you look radiant on your big day by letting your skin breathe and return to a natural state, and it will allow your makeup to stand out even more on the day of your Quince because the look between a bare face and a made -up one will be dramatically different.