A baby is the pride and joy of any new parents. For the parents, life changes, and their focus shifts to providing for baby and learning new things about baby. On special occasions in the baby's life they like to lavish attention on the baby and give special gifts as a measure of their love. Personalizing a gift is a great way to create a unique and lasting present. Personalized baby blankets are ideal because they can be put to good uses yet are flexible enough to create a unique and cherished gift. Here are five quick ideas to get you thinking when it comes to personalized baby blankets.
1. Do-it-yourself knit patterns are very easy to find on the Internet. They give details of yarn that go well with certain blanket fabrics and instructions on how to create an original pattern. The traditional approach with homemade patterns is to put the name and date of birth of the baby on the blanket.
2. Theme blankets are a way to introduce a baby to a new world and let him / her develop their own personality. Popular themes for boys are sports related. Your favorite football, baseball or basketball team logo or best player can be printed on the blanket. Classic, general themes are Disney titles like The Jungle book, Finding Nemo or The Lion king. Children and babies respond to most cartoon characters so most Disney theme blankets popular.
3. Famous or cute sayings can be printed or embroidered onto the blanket. This can be done personally or by a professional, as it is the thoughts on the blank that are important. Ideas for sayings can be found on the Internet. Simply search for famous quotes or people. Find a quote that inspires you and these ideas will rub off on your baby.
4. Blankets can be personalized around an event in the baby's life. Common events are baby showers, baptisms or first birthdays. Baby showers are more aimed at the parents and can be a celebratory verse or saying. Baptisms can be direct quotes from the bible or other pertinent religious texts. Draw your inspiration from the religious texts or ask a religious leader for ideas. Birthdays can be quotes much like you would find in a birthday card so get ideas from the local card store.
5. Nursery Rhymes are a great way to personalize a blanket. They can introduce the baby to wonderfully imaginative stories and help parents to remember the words if they choose to sing the infant to sleep.
Hopefully these ideas can help you to create a present that can be loved and cherished by your baby, the most precious gift of all.