It is very helpful to work back from the "Wedding Day" to plan the wedding. Some of the guidelines for creating the wedding timeline are as follows.
1. Here's what needs to be accomplished during this timeframe. Six to Eight months before your wedding date is the time when you need to make most of your reservations and put down deposits. You've got to get rough but fairly accurate estimate of the number of guests you'll have because each wedding location can accommodate a certain number of people and you want a location that can comfortably accommodate everyone.
2. Selection and Reservation of locations for wedding ceremony and reception.
Interviewing and reserving your professional talent including musician or DJ, photographer or videographer, florists, caterers, wedding cake baker, wedding official and optionally wedding planner or consultant.
3. Selection and confirmation of wedding party attendants for both bride and groom. Selection of wedding party attire and coordination of fittings, transport arrangements for bridal party on the big day.
4. Placing of engagement announcement in local newspaper. Three to Four months before your wedding date is the time to make sure everything is in place.
5. Finalization of your guest lists including complete mailing addresses for invitations, ordering of wedding invitations.
6. Selection of honeymoon destination, hotel and airfare reservations, passports and documents.
7. Reconfirmation of bridal party dresses delivery and coordination of menswear rental attire.
8. Planning of wedding shower.
9. Registration of bridal registries for showers and wedding gifts – if not registering at national chains, remember to register at stores that are local to the families of both bride and groom.
10. Reservation of Hotel suites for bride and groom's wedding night and for out of town wedding guests.
11 Shopping and ordering of Wedding Rings.
12. Living accommodations after your wedding.
These are the general timeline guides for planning your wedding that will help you put everything down on paper so you do not leave anything out in the process.